Monday, November 30, 2009

Meh-crame

I've recently been following Tatyana Fedorikhina who calls her blog "meh-crame" and I adore her micro-macrame work!

Look how vibrant and lacy this sunflower is:
She has such a flair for combining what looks like bobbin lacework with double half hatch sequences to create a wonderful interplay of delicate and sturdy sections.





I love how she intersperces seed beads within the rows of double half hitches. This adds a pleasing (well, at least to my eyes) texture that adds dainty points of sparkle.







Here's another great combination of knots; in the petals of the central flower she combines vertical double half hitches with horizontal ones. It looks as if the vertical ones are folded over to frame the horizontals, and set against a background of basketweave:




Check out her store on Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Annika,
    Thank you so much for the praise!
    I am working on a tutorial for Jewelrylessons.com. I really, really want more people to know about the versatility of micro-macrame. It is so much fun to work with different fibers and beads! I'll let you know when the tutorial is finished.
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Please visit my blog http://1st-about-macrame.blogspot.com and http://tasmacrame.multiply.com.

    ReplyDelete